You can configure your email account to send automated emails. This can be useful if you are on vacation or unavailable, or if you have a generic message that you wish to send from a support email address.
This feature allows you to configure automatic email response messages. This is useful, for example, when the recipient is unavailable.
Note: When you activate an autoresponder, the system still delivers messages to the inbox as usual.
To find an autoresponder’s specific email address, enter a keyword in the Search text box and click Go.
User-defined autoresponders ignore messages to which Apache SpamAssassin™ assigns a score of 5 or higher.
Add an autoresponder in Webmail
To create an autoresponder, perform the following steps:
- Log in to your Webmail interface at https://example.com:2096
- Choose the character set in which to send the email from the options in the Character Set text box.
- Enter the interval, in hours, for the autoresponder to wait between responses to the same email address.
- Enter your name in the From text box.
- Enter the message’s subject in the Subject text box.
- If you wish for the email to display HTML code, select the HTML checkbox.
- Provide a body for your message, for example:
I am out of the office until July 2nd. You can reach me on my cell phone in case of emergencies.
- Select a start time.
- Select a stop time.
- Click Create/Modify to save the autoresponder.
All email messages to your email account will receive this autoresponse until you remove it.
Remove an autoresponder
To delete an autoresponder, perform the following steps:
- Click next to the autoresponder that you wish to delete.
- Click Delete Autoresponder.